Monday, February 05, 2007

Back in town, not quite back in the saddle

I'm back from my trip, and I'm freakin' exhausted.

It was a very productive trip, and I'm really glad I went. But it was a *lot* of work and very mentally taxing. And I didn't sleep well or much at all, the combination of long hours and just in general being keyed up and wired about all I was learning and doing (and about all the ideas I wanted to bring back with me and implement).

Normally, I'd dive right back into work today and feed the exhaustion. But I'm trying to be nicer to myself and listen to my body and moods more, so I've instead spent most of the day relaxing and easing back into non-traveling daily life. It was what I sensed that I needed, moreso than getting things done.

I do have a small deadline tomorrow, so I will do some work today...but I sense that this little mini-rest will help me be more productive in that work and perhaps even get it done more quickly and efficiently than if I had started off like gangbusters this morning. Plus, tomorrow will be a crazy day, yet another reason why taking a mini-break was probably the right thing to do today.

No comments: