Friday, March 24, 2006

Busy week

I haven't been posting here regularly this week. There are a few things that have happened that I'd really like to blog about, but I'm still trying to sort them out and make sense of them---I'm not in a place where I can blog about them coherently, yet. So while I try to wrap my head around the events of the week, here's a quick summary of what I've been up to.

What I've done this week:
* Read almost an entire textbook.
* Rearranged the home office. Finally! (No new furniture, although we got rid of a few pieces that weren't working for us. It looks like an entirely new space, and it works so much better! Will have to post photos later.)
* Spent way too much time trying to get a research machine set up for a new research student. (It's still not working! Ack!)
* Went shoe shopping! I got these in the color below and in black:

* Spent time working through a particularly thorny research problem. It's still not resolved, but I have an idea of where to go next with it.
* Socializing. It's been a busy social week!
* Watched "War of the Worlds". Man, did that movie scare the hell out of me!
* Watched lots of college hoops. Unfortunately, I went to bed before the end of the UCLA-Gonzaga game last night. What was I thinking??
* Received some...interesting...feedback from a senior colleague. Still trying to figure out what I want to do with the information.
* Found out that my department recommended that I be renewed. Huge sigh of relief!

What I have not done this week:
* Exercised regularly. This is highly unusual for me. Well, ok, I've only been to the gym once, but I have been doing yoga and walking regularly, so it's not like I've become a complete couch potato.
* Got a haircut, even though I am in dire need of one.
* Answered most of my school emails.
* Come up with a good excuse to get me out of Dreadful Committee Assignment, even though I really need to get out of it since I'm a bit overcommitted lately.
* Kept up with my Lenten resolution to meditate daily. I think I just need to find a better time of day---committing to doing something right before bedtime just doesn't work for me. (Although I've been doing very well with the physical sacrifice part--haven't slipped up once!)

4 comments:

Chaser said...

Good for you on the research and the meditating!

Anonymous said...

I have a pair of those shoes in black; damn comfortable, and stylish too.

Anonymous said...

what kind of shoes are those?

Jane said...

They're Skechers. (and they are super-comfy!)