I'm having a pretty bad day, so what better cure than to look to my music collection for guidance! Most recently seen at PhD Mom's.
Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.
1. How does the world see you?
"Amber Waves", Tori Amos. This is really frightening--do I really come off as a reformed porn star??? ick!
2. Will I have a happy life?
"In the Waiting Line", Zero 7. I could take this to mean that happiness will be elusive for a while, and that I need to just wait it out. Or that I really enjoy waiting in line. Or maybe, that being patient and letting things play out is the way to happiness for me.
3. What do my friends really think of me?
"Fool of Me", Me'Shell Ndegeocello. Hmmm. That doesn't sound positive.
4. Do people secretly lust after me?
"The Mighty Ship", The Housemartins. So I guess I'm appealing to seafaring folk? Interesting.
5. How can I make myself happy?
"The Screen Behind the Mirror", Enigma. This sort of fits with my desire to have things in my life more transparent, I guess.
6. What should I do with my life?
"One Night in Bangkok", Murray Head. So I should either take up chess or travel more!
7. Will I ever have children?
"Half a Mile Away", Billy Joel. So, I guess children are in the near future, but not quite yet. Interesting.
8. What is some good advice for me?
"Keep it Together", Brooklyn Funk Essentials. I totally agree!
9. How will I be remembered?
"Girl", Tori Amos. This is an especially apt song today, when I'm feeling like people want me to be something that's not true to who I really am and at odds with who I really want to be.
10. What is my signature dancing song?
"Annie Waits", Ben Folds. Well, it is catchy, but danceable? Not sure about that.
11. What do I think is my current theme song?
"Faithful", Me'Shell Ndegeocello. The title certainly fits.
12. What does everyone else think is my current theme song?
"She's Got Her Ticket", Tracy Chapman. I think I do come across as having my stuff together, so this is probably accurate.
13. What song will play at my funeral?
"Born to Fight", Tracy Chapman. Oddly appropriate.
14. What type of men/women do you like?
Men: "If Not Now", Tracy Chapman. Does this mean I prefer unavailable men? And if so, what does that say about Mr. Jane?
Women: "Raining Blood", Tori Amos. I'll take this to mean that I like passionate women. Which is true.
15. What is my day going to be like?
"Blue Eyes", Cary Brothers. Given the day I've already had, this is also oddly appropriate.