Monday, June 27, 2005

Monday's random thoughts

* This morning, I was all fired up about getting work done. About an hour ago, I completely lost all motivation. Not even getting out of the building and taking a walk (my sure-fire way for dealing with a loss of motivation) worked. I think I will just call it a day, though part of me wonders if my second wind will kick in if I just hang out here in my office for another 20 minutes....(screw it, I'm going home. It's summer, fer pete's sake!)

* There is a good chance that the above is related to my lack of sleep this weekend.

* This morning, I had the teeniest amount of blood drawn (2 small vials) for some routine blood tests. As soon as I got in my car to leave, I felt like I was either going to pass out or throw up, or both. The weird thing is that a few weeks ago, I had much more blood drawn for a different set of blood tests (6 or 7 vials) and felt just fine afterwards. The only difference: I didn't eat breakfast beforehand this time. Lesson learned.

* Spotted on today's walk: wild raspberries, chamomile, 2 monarch butterflies, and a little boy (not much taller than his baseball bat) with a killer baseball swing.

1 comment:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Hope you are able to get some rest now. It's hard to work when your body is weary.