Friday, June 24, 2005

A weekend of fun!

I'm off for the weekend---the last travel for a while, hopefully. At least this one's a fun trip: I'm meeting up with some girlfriends from college in a city that I've never been to. I haven't seen a couple of the girls since graduation (hard to believe), so it will be interesting to catch up with them.

For a long time after graduation, this group got together only sporadically---the occasional weekend back on campus, the occasional wedding, etc. It was only about a year and a half ago that we decided to do something together on a more regular basis. I think it was the fact that one of the Big Reunion Years was upon us, and we realized that we're getting older and losing touch with each other. This is the second such "girls' weekend" we've had, and it's a tradition I'd like to see continued.

We are all much different people than we were when we graduated from college, but in some ways we haven't changed. In some ways, when we get back together we fall into our old familiar roles---the loud one, the thoughtful one, the comic relief, the fashion plate, etc. It's interesting to have that mix of old and new in our personalities, to see each other at once as we are now and as we were back in the day.

I'll post a full report when I return!

No comments: