* The hands-down coolest moment of the weekend: when the homeowner of the house we were rehabbing on Saturday came out to see our handiwork, and burst into tears, overwhelmed with joy. It was all we could do to keep from bursting into tears along with her.
* I really need to hang out more often with ServiceProjectFriends. They are interesting and fun people.
* 10 hours of manual labor on Saturday + 5 hours of gardening today = one really sore back. But totally worth it.
* Hard limit of 2 hours of school-related work yields the same amount of results as an unstructured "working" weekend afternoon. Lesson learned.
* Caffeine-free for 3 days now! (and no decaf coffee yesterday, even.) I think I've kicked the habit for good.
* Doing stuff outdoors in the yard means neighbors will stop over to say hi and chat. It never fails. My neighborhood is cool like that.