Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My day is a microcosm of my life

* My email has exploded lately. I know it's the end of the year and all that, but for some reason I've really had a hard time keeping up with it lately. Students have actually started coming up to me and saying "did you get my email?" That never used to happen.

* The sad part is, I just sent out a bunch of emails (catching up on emails from the past week--yikes), and I just got a bunch of replies back. Apparently I am not the only person catching up on email at this late hour.

* Why is it on the day when you *really need* students to leave you alone so you can get work done, the students are in your office all day long?? Whereas when you *want* them to come and see you, they disappear off the face of the earth.

* I am really burned out. So burned out that I had to force myself to sit down at my computer tonight--two pressing deadlines tomorrow means I have no choice but to work. The work is done, but I'm still way behind on other things. I might have to hide out somewhere tomorrow just so I can get out from under this huge pile of stuff!

* All I want to do is sleep. Is that so wrong??

I think all of this means that I need to start prioritizing things. I have way too much on my plate right now, and trying to do everything is just not working. Boundaries! I need boundaries!

4 comments:

Dr. Shellie said...

How is it going with quitting caffeine? I am curious...

Jane said...

Dr. Shellie--so far, it's going ok. The one thing I've been afraid of is getting migraines from the withdrawal, but so far I've only hit the pre-migraine stage a few times (dull headache + nausea) w/ no full-blown migraines. I'm down to just about 1/3 coffee, 2/3 decaf now, and reducing the amount by a bit every day. Thanks for asking!

Dr. Shellie said...

I tried the 1/3, 2/3 thing but then got tempted one day and went back to 3/3! Good luck avoiding this fate. :)

Anonymous said...

runescape money runescape gold runescape money runescape gold wow power leveling wow powerleveling Warcraft Power Leveling Warcraft PowerLeveling buy runescape gold buy runescape money runescape items runescape gold runescape money runescape accounts runescape gp dofus kamas buy dofus kamas Guild Wars Gold buy Guild Wars Gold lotro gold buy lotro gold lotro gold buy lotro gold lotro gold buy lotro gold runescape money runescape power leveling runescape money runescape gold dofus kamas cheap runescape money cheap runescape gold Hellgate Palladium Hellgate London Palladium Hellgate money Tabula Rasa gold tabula rasa money lotro gold buy lotro gold Tabula Rasa Credit Tabula Rasa Credits Hellgate gold Hellgate London gold dofus kamas buy dofus kamas 血管瘤 肝血管瘤 音乐剧 北京富码电视 富码电视 富码电视台 7天酒店 7天连锁酒店 7天连锁 自清洗过滤器 过滤器 压力开关 压力传感器 流量开关 流量计 液位计 液位开关 温湿度记录仪 风速仪 可燃气体检测仪 wow power leveling wow powerleveling Warcraft PowerLeveling Warcraft Power Leveling World of Warcraft PowerLeveling World of Warcraft Power Leveling runescape power leveling runescape powerleveling