Friday, December 30, 2005

Yuck, I'm sick

So apparently the days of unhealthy eating, travelling, family stress (and third-year review stress?), and not enough exercise have caught up with me. I rarely ever get colds, and when I do they're very minor. This one's a biggie. I feel completely gross. I should have known that something bad was coming when, after getting tons of sleep the other night, I was falling asleep over some reading for one of my classes (and this was interesting reading, too!).

I'm taking advantage of the energy I have right now to finish up the research part of my review prospectus (I though I had finished it, but most of it was of the "Insert description of project X here" variety. Oops.), which is my one goal for the day. Surprisingly, even in my state of misery, it's flowing really well. Of course the fact that I love what I'm working on helps. After that, I plan on sacking out on the couch for the better part of the day, drinking brandy and tea (for my sore throat) and trying to get well enough to go out to dinner tomorrow.

Hopefully, I'll have enough energy later to post what I was planning on posting: my new year's resolutions, and a retrospective of the year that was.

3 comments:

ScienceWoman said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Scooter said...

1) Feel Better
2) Congrats on the blog's B'day
3) Have a good, productive, and healthy new year
4) I resolve to try not to stir the pot excessively with your mostly feminist readers.

Wayne

Anonymous said...

Get well soon! I can hardly wait to read your retrospective and your resolutions!! Can I bring you some chicken soup?