Sunday, December 18, 2005

Everyday trivia

There's something to be said about keeping up with the everyday tasks, like cleaning and laundry, even when life gets busy. I haven't been keeping up lately at all. Here's how I've spent the day so far:

8 loads of laundry (and there are only 2 of us in the house? where did all of these clothes come from?). Well, 6 8! so far---1's in the dryer, ready to be folded, and the last load will be started after dinner.

2 straight hours of cleaning, in which I washed all of the non-carpeted floors, cleaned 2 bathrooms (except for the shower---oops), and cleaned out the drawers in the master bath vanity. (Trust me, I'm not usually that particular about drawer cleanliness, but they were DISGUSTING.)

And here's what I want to get done by the end of the evening:
* end-of-year donations to charity (why do we always put this off until December??)

* end-of-year benefits paperwork

* some stuff that needs to be mailed TOMORROW

* send flowers to my aunt, who apparently is not doing well. (Get better soon, Auntie!)

The thing is that I'm usually great w/ keeping up with stuff. Well, ok, not so much with the cleaning, but laundry and paperwork stuff always get done. I've just been really lazy lately, and it's come back to haunt me. So much for that lazy day relaxing in front of the fire idea I had.....

No comments: