Monday, September 26, 2005

Is it time to go home yet?

My day so far:

* Waking up in the dark. Ack! It seems like only yesterday that the sun was up when the alarm went off. I'm not ready for winter yet!

* An infuriating committee meeting. I hate this committee, but it's "high profile" so I really can't excuse myself from it. I swear, we have the exact same conversations at every single meeting. Aaaarrrgh!

* Prepping for class, which was interrupted by the need for me to deal with a situation with a student. My already-full week now has two more meetings, both with high-ranking people. And this is not a pleasant situation, let's say, and I was dealing with it up until class time, which meant I was not 100% prepped and still a bit shaken when I walked into class. Oh, and on top of all that I was being observed today...doh! So needless to say, it was not my finest hour as a professor.

* The situation I am dealing with has happened before. I may blog more on this later. Suffice it to say that it is annoying that I have to spend time and energy dealing with it, and that it is something that my male colleagues have not had to deal with. I know---I've asked them.

* I really need to talk to Mentor, but he is not around. Would love to send a whiny email, but due to the sensitive nature of my complaints, this is probably not a good idea. Sigh.

I would like nothing better than to go home and bury myself under the covers, but that's not gonna happen. hmmm. Maybe a trip to the gym is in order....

No comments: