Thursday, September 22, 2005

Binge posting

It's funny---I go days without posting, and then suddenly get the urge to post multiple times in a single day. Just going with the flow, I guess.

Tomorrow is a somewhat rare occurrence---a free morning. My current teaching schedule has me teaching only in the afternoon on Fridays, but there always seems to be a meeting or some other reason for me to be on campus in the morning. But tomorrow, my one morning meeting got cancelled, and so I don't have to be on campus before noon.

Of course, this means a dilemma. Do I
* stay home tomorrow morning and do some work here, then go to campus in time for my first class?

* work out tomorrow morning? and if so, here or at school?

* go to campus at my normal time, and shut my office door?

Or, there's the more realistic option:
* ignore the alarm, sleep in, make French toast for breakfast (my specialty!), watch some bad daytime TV while checking my email and reading blogs, and maybe do an hour's worth of work before getting dressed and heading to campus.

Hmmm. Perhaps I'll get Mr. Jane to "guilt trip" me into doing something useful with my free time tomorrow morning. (But I'll still make time to make French toast!)

Update, Friday AM: So I ended up doing a combination of (1), (2), and (4). I slept in a little bit, got up and did some yoga, showered, checked email while cooking breakfast (multitasking!), watched hurricane coverage while eating breakfast, and now I'm sitting down to work. The decision to stay home was smart though, as I seem to have the Cramps From Hell this morning---ugh. Thank god for heating pads and ibuprofen!

No comments: