Saturday, June 11, 2005

Off to schmooze

The hellacious month that is June continues. I'm off to a conference for the next few days to present this paper. Not sure what the wireless situation will be, although right now the idea of being disconnected for a few days is strangely appealing. I'll either report from the conference, or post a full report when I return.

Usually conferences happen during the school year, and usually during the worst week....like midterm week, or the first week of classes. And so I usually fly in late (late!!) the night before the conference starts, and leave as soon as it ends. This time, I have the luxury of some time, and so even though the conference doesn't start until Monday, I'm flying down a day early so that I can have a day to myself....a day to play "tourist"....a day to relax. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: