Monday, January 24, 2005

Sometimes, a day makes all the difference

So after all of the angst I had yesterday and last week about my "disaster" class, today's class went really well. I got my groove back! I wrote an assignment, and while it's not my best, I think it's pretty good, and the students seem happy enough with it (well, as happy as they can be with a homework assignment).

Sometimes, it pays to take a step back, take a deep breath, and be patient, because things have a funny way of working themselves out. Not always, but sometimes.

2 comments:

jo(e) said...

That's one of the things I like about teaching. Even if a class goes badly, I can always take a breath, come up with a plan for the next class, and two days later, I get a whole new chance to get it right.

~profgrrrrl~ said...

It is wonderful how one bad teaching day does not have to destroy a semester. In fact, the students probably won't even remember :) Glad you're back on track.