* I had the craziest morning today. It's amazing how one little thing going slightly awry can throw off your entire morning. Luckily, things greatly improved around lunchtime. Otherwise, I might have just gone home and gone back to bed.
* Even so, it was a very, very long day.
* Class prep. It's only been a year since I last did this, but man, has it been hard to get back into the mindset of class prep! Even simple things like "how long does it take to cover Topic X" and "how much can I realistically expect intro students to be able to do on an assignment in Week 3" are baffling me right now. (I'll post more on this later this week.)
* Research has been going much easier. Perhaps because most of the "work" I was doing while on leave was research, so I didn't have to adjust my mindset as much.
* One of the other things I'm having problems adjusting to: re-learning how to make small talk with my colleagues. It's been so long since I hung around adults all day....
* Recommendation letters are the bane of my existence right now.
* Since entering day care a mere week ago, Baby Jane has not only decided to drop a daytime feeding, but has also gotten herself on a completely predictable napping schedule. And her "vocabulary", such as it is, has increased exponentially. Unbelievable.
* Oh, and the best part of the day? Learning that classes start a few days later than I originally thought. Woo hoo!