* It feels really weird to not be at GHC right now. But given how busy this week has been, I'm still glad I decided to skip it this year.
* Last night I stayed up late, working on the latest journal article. (I got on a roll and wanted to finish a particular section before I quit for the night.) Then I was so wired that I had to read for a while before I could fall asleep. Needless to say, I was exhausted today. But I think it was worth it.
* I kind of fear that this is what my life will be like when I return to work. Or, as I put it to a friend of mine, "I'm sure something will have to give when I go back to work, and most likely that something will be sleep."
* I have started thinking about the classes I'm teaching when I return. I am super-excited about one and kind of dreading the other. I need to start prepping the latter, but I can't bring myself to do it. It's just easier to focus my energy on the former.
* It's getting harder to breastfeed Baby Jane in public, because she's at the stage where everything captures her interest. Today there were two women having a conversation nearby and she had to stop and stare at them for a good 5 minutes before I could convince her to continue with her meal. It's cute, but also a bit annoying.
* It feels like I've spent my entire week doing laundry.