What a week it's been! Nothing like entering the holidays completely frazzled, eh?
* The trip was wonderful. Relaxing. Fun. Sometimes going without email and work for a few days is just what the doctor ordered.
* Of course, I came back with zero motivation to do work. I got some work done on the journal article, but not nearly as much as I'd hoped.
* I need to hire a full-time person to deal with my data. Because I'm sick of doing it myself. I want someone who I can just call up and say "hey, I need these files split in such-and-such a way, and organized like so, so that I can just go in and run this script and create these 50 graphs that I need." I swear that some days 90% of my research time is spent on data organization. Very annoying.
* I'm seriously thinking of taking the week between Christmas and New Year's completely off. This would mean that my goal for the month would not be met. But I'm thinking the break from work would be very helpful from a mental health standpoint.
* Lots of emotional stuff going on. A person close to Mr. Jane and me betrayed a really big (huge) trust. I've forgiven, but I'm having a hard time forgetting and moving on. A person I knew for a short time, but who was somewhat of a mentor, passed away recently. Close friends have shared very sad news about their own personal lives recently, the kind of stuff that shakes you to your very core.
* Baby Jane is moving around. Not kicking yet, but definitely moving around. It's a cool feeling, sort of like gel or air bubbles moving around in my belly.
* Packing for trips is now a small nightmare. I have to try on everything before I pack it, because I outgrow something else every day. Needless to say, it's slow going---and I hate packing to begin with!
And on that note, it's time to go pack for the next trip. I'm hoping to sneak away to somewhere with Internet access at some point during the trip, but in case I don't, happy holidays to all of you, safe travels, hope you survive all of the inevitable family togetherness, and see you next week!