Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Back to reality

The nice thing about the academic summer schedule? Coming back from a long weekend, not feeling like doing any work, and being able to indulge that. It's kind of nice to come home late at night, spend the next morning catching up on mail, email, and grocery shopping, and then lounging in the back yard the rest of the afternoon as a reward. Aaaahhhh. As a result, today I was ready and eager to dive back into my work, and I've been very productive. Well, except for the 20 minutes I spent playing with the fonts in my editor. But hey, we all need a break, no?

2 comments:

ScienceWoman said...

Yes, that's why I am reading your post and contemplating one of my own.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... that sounds lovely. Glad you were able to indulge! Now that I've cleared my schedule a bit, I'm finally starting to feel like I'm getting a taste of summer. If we lived closer, I'd aim to join you out on the deck sometime.