My to-do list for this morning:
* Go for a run.
* Finish edits on conference paper sections added/revised on Friday (they're done on paper, they just need to be added to the electronic version).
* Finish intro, conclusion, and abstract for conference paper.
* Respond to the backlog of emails piling up in my inbox (what is it about next week that *everyone* wants to have a meeting??).
What I've actually done this morning:
* Went for a run.
* Responded to a couple of emails (but not the most urgent ones, of course).
* Read blogs.
* Chatted on the phone with a friend.
* Registered and made hotel reservations for this conference. Spent (no lie) 20 minutes debating between the various room choices.
* Complained about the heat.
Oh well. Hopefully this afternoon will be slightly more productive.