Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Intentions and realities

My to-do list for this morning:
* Go for a run.
* Finish edits on conference paper sections added/revised on Friday (they're done on paper, they just need to be added to the electronic version).
* Finish intro, conclusion, and abstract for conference paper.
* Respond to the backlog of emails piling up in my inbox (what is it about next week that *everyone* wants to have a meeting??).

What I've actually done this morning:
* Went for a run.
* Responded to a couple of emails (but not the most urgent ones, of course).
* Read blogs.
* Chatted on the phone with a friend.
* Registered and made hotel reservations for this conference. Spent (no lie) 20 minutes debating between the various room choices.
* Complained about the heat.

Oh well. Hopefully this afternoon will be slightly more productive.

5 comments:

Ianqui said...

It's funny how reading blogs is never one people's to-do lists. I mean, we all know we're going to do it, so we might as well just put it on there!

Wicked Teacher of the West said...

I can't get past the details of your post to think about the meaning. I haven't registered for the conference yet! I haven't even thought about hotel rooms! ACK!

um yeah said...

I have no idea where you live, but if it was as hot there as it is here, you are completely justified in being less productive than usual.

Jane said...

Very true, Ianqui! Maybe the next time I'm having a bad day, I'll slip it onto my todo list, just so I can cross off something. :)

GK, no worries--the early registration deadline is still a few weeks away. I just figured I'd do it while it was on my mind. Now comes the harder part, anyway: recruiting students to come with me (and figure out how to rustle up some $$$ to get them there...).

Saoirse, very true! The sad part is I was sitting inside in the air conditioning at the time. There's just no good excuse for that.

Chaser said...

I did all those things, too!!!