This week, I am participating in something that is very much unlike what I normally do. Without going into great detail, it's one of those things that requires me to be "on", mentally sharp, and interacting with people continuously for 7 hours a day. Now, I am an extrovert and normally I become energized from being around people, but right now I am mentally and physically exhausted. I hit the wall on Thursday morning and since then it's been an epic struggle just to keep my energy level and mental faculties at a high enough level to function in this environment.
When mental exhaustion sets in, here's how I react:
* I start to fantasize about totally out of character things. Right now, for instance, I want nothing more than to spend an entire day (and I mean an ENTIRE) day plopped in front of the TV, not really caring what I'm watching but most importantly not having to THINK for an entire day.
* The thought of conversing with anyone makes me want to cry. It takes too much energy to think of things to talk about.
* I get snippy over completely stupid and irrelevant things.
* I can't sleep.
* I can't concentrate.
* I get the urge to throttle the nearest person, even if s/he hasn't done anything specific to annoy me.
* My eyes hurt.
* My brain actually hurts. Really. It feels full.
Only 2/3 of a day more of this and then I can relax! Must....persevere.....