1. If a quiz clearly states that partial credit will be given, why on earth would you leave a quiz question (or multiple questions) completely blank? Especially when you know that writing down almost anything will earn you at least one point? One is always better than zero.
2. If you know that quizzes are a certain percentage of your grade, and you know that quizzes are given once and only once with no makeups, and you've already been burned by missing one quiz, why would you do it again, and again?
3. Why is it that sometimes checking code into CVS from my Windows machine doesn't work (as in, doesn't check the code in with nary an error message alerting me to the fact)?
4. Why was I so ravenously hungry all day today?
5. Why is it that students will struggle and struggle and hand in code that doesn't work, when a quick trip to the professor's office would have uncovered the problem with the code in under 30 seconds?
6. Why is it that I can both love and hate my job within the same 5-minute period?