Monday, March 06, 2006

Where I've been hiding myself lately

So it's been a few days (ok, almost a week) since my last post. What have I been up to? More like what haven't I been up to.

* Research up the wazoo. You know how sometimes the muse hits and you're just all of a sudden really productive? And things are just falling into place? This of course is all the better when there are key conference deadlines coming up in the next few months. Plus I've been working on a conference paper w/ an upcoming deadline and doing some work (finally!) on a journal article that's been in the planning stages for way too long now. Let's hope this burst of productivity lasts.

* Letters of recommendation. Isn't letter season over yet? Sigh.

* Class stuff. Grading. The usual, except that grading has piled up a bit while other stuff (like research and Big Event That's Thankfully Over Now) has been happening, and I really need to get on that.

* Piddly administrivia deadlines. Why is March the magic due date for like every piece of paperwork on this campus??

* A quick yet productive trip to a city I've never been to (and frankly will not be in a hurry to return to).

* Planning to take over the world. OK, I'm kidding about that last part. Maybe.

* And, most importantly, watching the Oscars!

What's on tap for this week? Lots of research. Getting a handle on the grading (I may be able to finish it all tomorrow, if I'm diligent). Ignoring as much administrivia as possible (how long can I ignore emails from my admin? will she go bug someone else after a while, or am I just incurring her wrath?). And, my big goal for the week: Leaving work at work, and using my evenings to catch up on life a bit.

1 comment:

Chaser said...

Good for you!!