It's Friday! Woo hoo! Time for random unrelated thoughts from the brain of Jane.
* During the summer, I'll often take a short "mental health walk" during the day--just something to get me out of my office, clear the cobwebs, etc. I took one today, for the first time in a long time. Man, it felt nice! Why don't I do this more often?
* Sometimes I'll "schedule" research tasks/self-imposed due dates on my calendar if I'm dragging my feet on something. If the day comes and goes and the task is not done, I usually am guilty of moving the due date (bad Jane!). However, today I looked on my calendar and saw that a research task was due, and I actually sat myself down and finished it! (Luckily, it's a task I've been working on all week, so finishing it was fairly easy.)
* Of course I have another research task with a self-imposed deadline of today too...and I will be moving the due date on that one, because there's no way I'm going to finish it.
* And now that I've finished that one research task, I have lost all motivation to do anything else today. And I can't go home just yet. Boo.
* Why is my dentist repeatedly calling Mr. Jane to remind him that I need to call and set up an appointment for myself? Am I three years old or something?
* Whoever started the vicious rumor that students should reward professors who write them letters of recommendation with small tokens of appreciation....should be sainted.