* Third year review is going along OK, so far. I've had all of the big meetings (except for the last one, where the dean tells me if I passed muster or not) and survived them, and now all I can do is wait. Wait for what seems like forever, dammit! It's not been as bad as I feared, although I'm certainly not out of the woods yet. Right now, I just want it to be over.
* Why is it that I find it so much harder to write a 2-3 page grant proposal than I do to write a 15-20 page grant proposal? I just need to get this sucker done and sent off, yet it's taking me forever!
* I had this super-fantastic idea for how to teach the current unit in one of my classes--basically, in-class activities over most of two classes and just a really brief lecture to tie everything together. And so far it is going super-fantastically--the students really got into it in the last class. It's also taken a long time to put together. But I think the tradeoff is worth it: I have a feeling the students will learn the concepts much more effectively this way.
* I have to put together a short presentation for an upcoming conference. I absolutely hate making power point presentations. I sometimes have good ideas, but I am just not patient enough to put something together that's creative and visually stimulating. Gah.
* Today's dilemma: there's a 5K run coming up soon that benefits one of my favorite charities. Should I enter? I have not run a 5K in several years and I'm still kind of recovering from an injury, so am I totally crazy for wanting to do this?