Thursday, February 23, 2006

Good day, bad day

Today was a good day. I've been chipping away at this one research question---a mini-experiment inspired by a reviewer comment---in little bits every day. Today I had a couple of hours (!) to spend on research, and was able to finish the experiment. The results are promising, and actually prove our point even more strongly than before. And now I have a few other ideas for variations on this experiment that should also prove beneficial. It was also a good day because I got to hang out w/ some girlfriends for a while---it was a welcome diversion, to get together and laugh, talk, and vent.

Tomorrow is going to be a bad day. My day is basically teach/run errands/deal with logistics for event/write recommendation letters. Making it to the gym looks questionable. I have a couple of evening things that will keep me on campus late, and a meeting that requires me to be in early. Gaaaaaaah. After a really productive day, knowing that your next day is going to be uber-unproductive is a real let-down.

No comments: