Shamelessly stolen from New Kid.
* Recipes from the Moosewood cookbook (Moosewood Cooks at Home, I think). Last night we made the Penne with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Capers (with a few substitutions--canned tomatoes instead of fresh, and spaghetti instead of penne). Yummy! and it was even better as leftovers today at lunch.
* Today I did one of my favorite lectures, which has a really cool demo that I made up. I've used this lecture/demo in several classes at various levels with lots of success, and the students enjoyed it today too.
* Supportive girlfriends. 'Nuff said.
* Not being listened to in meetings, especially when it happens in department meetings.
* Writing letters of evaluation. I'm sooo sick of this right now!
* Grading. 'Nuff said.
Student evaluations. As part of the review process, I get to see all of my evaluations sliced and diced in various ways. And aye caramba! I've always heard that there is gender bias in student evaluations, particularly for women in male-dominated fields...I now know that this is in fact true. I never really picked up on it until I saw everything compiled together, but it was pretty obvious. Hopefully the tenure and promotion committee will recognize this too...but this will certainly make the review process more, um, "interesting".