Tuesday, November 22, 2005

An early Thanksgiving post

In honor of Thanksgiving, and because I plan on spending as little time in front of the computer as possible this weekend, here is my list of Things I'm Thankful For. In no particular order.

* I am thankful that I am healthy, that my family is healthy, and that I have the means and the ability to take care of myself and my family (and give some back to the community as well).

* I am thankful for Mr. Jane. He is my rock and my best friend.

* I am thankful for my family and friends. They bring joy and laughter to my life. Well, most of the time, anyway. :)

* I am thankful for my job. Yes, I do my fair share of complaining, but my job is intellectually stimulating and exceptionally fulfilling. I get paid to think, to hang out with really smart people, and to shape future generations of techies. I'm living out my dream!

* I am thankful for my students. Some of them are doing incredible things, some of them are facing incredible odds, and some of them are doing incredible things while facing incredible odds. Working with them is both exhilirating and humbling.

* I am thankful that I have so many incredible, powerful female role models here, and that I have mentors who are actively concerned about my professional growth.

* Finally, I am thankful for the blogging community. I am grateful to all those whose blogs I enjoy on a regular basis---you are brave to share your ups and downs, your thoughts and dreams, with perfect strangers like me. I'm also eternally grateful to those who stop by, comment, email---I've enjoyed "meeting" and conversing with you, and realizing that I'm not alone out here!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

2 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

It's inspiring to read what others are thankful for. Thanks for posting.

ScienceWoman said...

Thanks for the inspiration.