Sunday, August 28, 2005

Yet another sign that I am getting old

I am a roller coaster fiend. I loooove roller coasters. Going to Cedar Point was like a pilgrimmage to Mecca for me. I love the speed, I love the thrills, I love the fact that every single time, I get scared to death as we head up the hill towards our doom.

Although, to be perfectly honest, there is finally a ride that I love more than roller coasters: those rides that pull you up, slowly, and then drop you to the ground. Oh my god. So terrifyingly scary and yet so much fun!

Anyway, in my younger days, I used to be able to ride roller coasters all day long. The best part was late at night, just before the park closed, when the ride operators could be convinced to let us ride multiple times, without getting off.

Now? I still love roller coasters. But I can't ride them as often as I used to. After a while, they make me queasy, give me headaches, make me dizzy. Now, instead of staying at the park until it closes, I'm finished by late afternoon.

I guess this just means I'll have to get my thrills in smaller doses from now on.

3 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I had this same disappointment recently! :(

jo(e) said...

Just one roller coaster at Cedar Point did me in .... I am getting really old.

Jane said...

Glad to hear I'm not alone, then!