Monday, April 11, 2005

I don't usually do these quizzes or memes or whatever...

But this one's about food, a subject near and dear to my heart. Found on jo(e)'s page. Since there are no rules, I skipped a few questions.

Favorite food to crunch: Wasabi peas and/or sesame sticks (the ones that Trader Joe's sells...mmmmmm)
Favorite comfort food: Does pad thai count as a comfort food?
Food that makes the best noise: Anything on the grill.
Favorite picnic lunch: Good wine, good cheese, good bread, and some grapes.
Favorite food scene in movie: Yes, I know it's cliche, but the diner scene in When Harry Met Sally is one of my favorite movie scenes ever, food or otherwise.
Favorite food lyrics: "A bottle of white, a bottle of red, perhaps a bottle of rose instead. We'll get a table near the street, in our old familiar place. You and I, face to face...." (Billy Joel, "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant")
Best food smell memory: Hmmm. There are several smells (lasagna/spaghetti sauce, meatloaf, baked chicken) that remind me of my childhood. My mom made dinner almost every night of the week, and when I smell things like this I'm reminded of that time, of feeling loved and cherished and safe.
Favorite summer snack: Ice cream cones!
Food that reminds me of the ocean: Raw oysters, cold beer and salt water taffy. Not all at the same time, of course....
Favorite winter snack: Scones and a cup of chai or a latte.
Most likely to eat for lunch: Leftovers from last night's dinner.
Least likely to eat for lunch: Anything from our student union/snack bar.
Makes me gag: Bologna, ever since the time I found a bone in my bologna sandwich. Ewwww......
Food tradition I hate: I'm with jo(e) here....I hate the smashing-the-wedding-cake "tradition". Tacky.
Saturday night food: Preferably something from a good ethnic restaurant.
Favorite medicinal food: Herbal tea. (I don't know how medicinal it is, but it's good for the soul, so does that count?)
Food most like me: Chili, because it's a bit complex and a bit different every time you make it.
Favorite raw food smell: Cinnamon.

No comments: