Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Medical oddities and other stuff

I don't often get sick. Before I took this job, I really never even got colds. But for the past few days, I've been sick in a funky way. I'm not sure whether this is a really bizarre cold or if this is a sinus infection, but I've had the following symptoms (different ones each day! fun!):

* On the first day, my sinuses felt like they were going to explode. It took multiple rounds of sudafed for me to feel any relief. I spent most of the day on the couch.

* On the second day, my sinuses felt better, but my voice was going in and out (not so good on a teaching day), and I had a headache for 24 straight hours. Not fun. Again, I came home from school and went straight to the couch.

* On the third day (today), I woke up feeling really dizzy. In fact, I felt dizzy as I was waking up.....I remember lying in bed and feeling like I was seeping into the bed. Yes, it was a bizarre feeling. I spent most of the day feeling slow, slightly off, and like everything was in a haze. I'm guessing this is what certain drug trips feel like....? Anyway, it was strange. But at least I'm off the couch. (Well, actually, I'm not....I'm sitting on the couch as I write this. But I chose to do so! So it's different! Ha!)

Who knows what symptoms tomorrow will bring? I can honestly say I've never experienced anything like this before, and never want to again.

The scary thing is that I have to get on a plane tomorrow, so I'm hoping that at least my sinuses behave. Otherwise, it will be a loooong and painful trip.

In other news, it's been a crazy week here, which explains my lack of posting. I have lots to say (including a half-formed post on "dress codes", inspired by profgrrrl's recent post on the subject) but sadly no time to say it. Things should calm down next week, and I may even try to post from the road this week. (Woo hoo! travel blogging!)

In the meantime, please go and read this most enjoyable story. As someone who's dealt with her fair share of plagiarists, this made my day. (Not entirely sure if it's true or if it's a hoax, but it's fun nonetheless.)

And now, I must go and pack.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the symtoms persist more or less the same the next few days, and you have no coughing nor fever, then you might be experiencing an allegeric reaction of sorts.

L'v