Sunday, January 09, 2005

Where did my weekend go?

One thing I've been trying really hard to do is to preserve at least one weekend day as a work-free day. I didn't realize until today---after a weekend where I violated that rule---how much I've come to depend upon the work-free day to rejuvenate me. I feel mentally exhausted. And I still have work to do!

Normally, I'd be able to put off the rest of what I have to do until tomorrow morning, since my Mondays are generally free until late morning. But tomorrow my day is pretty much meeting, meeting, class, meeting, class, meeting. Only small chunks of free time. So instead of finalizing my lectures tomorrow, I have to do it tonight. Sigh. To make matters worse, it's also a long day, since I have both an early meeting and a late meeting.

At least I have my work-free weeknight to look forward to---a rule I established for myself this term. Inspired by my resolution to make time for creative endeavors (and by Profgrrrl's "service to self" idea), I've set aside Wednesday nights as Craft/Music/Relaxation night. No work allowed, and I have to either work on one of my craft projects or do something musical for a few hours. So that will have to be my mental break until next weekend.

1 comment:

jo(e) said...

Good for you for setting aside Wednesday nights. Be sure to post about it and let us know how it goes.